Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reflections


Rich in blessings I find myself smothered in beautiful peace given... an undeserved, divine gift.

At 23 I have found immense amounts of love and friendship. Consequently, this unconditional love I have experienced reflects that of our Abba Father's love; His steadfast love that never fails.

I seek our Lord's heart because he pursues mine... The great hound of Heaven... He has bestowed upon me the most handsome blessing I have ever been entrusted with, my husband Mitch.

The gentle heart of this man mirrors the compassion of our heavenly romancer. He is my best friend, my confidant, my hero, my partner in crime.

Our marriage is a divine appointment ordained by the Lord. Together we desire to serve others (and the one who gave us breath) while drinking up each day, slurping up every savory sunset.

He is currently battling AML. It has been an arduous journey, but one of many miracles. We are in constant prayer for his healing and find confidence in our Lord... "but if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently" Romans 8:25. I can be patient, I am also hopeful! God is good and He is holding Mitch through this refining battle! Please continue to pray with us! Thank you!

I currently study Elementary Education and Special Education at EWU. I work with the youth at Timberview (which I love and cherish)! I am a proud employee of the comfy, homey, inviting Service Station cafe. I am a sister to my beautiful Hannah and brother-in-law, Jeremiah. I am a aunt to my baby peanut-still-in-the-oven-nephew, Levi. I am a daughter to my fantastic parents Marty and Karen. And I am an in-law to the most WONDERFUL family, the Thomas'(all to which I am extremely thankful for down to all the beautiful little gippers)!

My passion lies in social justice, particularly pertaining to children. Kids are the pulse to my servant heart (my active pursuit to obtain and exemplify a true servant's heart). Their pure faith in the inherent "potential goodness" of the world is utterly inspiring. I have a deeply embedded fight to preserve this quality.

I have no idea what life will look like in a year. Nor do I necessarily want to have it mapped out before us. I am excited; I am anxious in anticipation; I have butterflies blundering in my stomach just waiting for our future and what it has in store for us! Missions work? Teaching? Travel? For now I will simply try to enjoy each day as it comes! And we will simply try to be, as Langston Hughes states: "Walkers with the Dawn"...

Being walkers with the dawn and morning,But
Walkers with the sun and morning,
We are not afraid of night,
Nor days of gloom,
Nor darkness--
Being walkers with the sun and morning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an amazing blog! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for the two of you either, but I know you will do great things with whatever God puts before you! You and Mitch are such an inspiration to so many and I have all the hope that God will pull him through this in the most miraculous way possible! We love you guys, take care, and God bless!

Charese said...

Very well said. Thanks for being so real and opening your heart!

Sidenote: You need to know that you are also an aunt to Jalen, Jordan, Andrew and Eli. With them, it doesn't matter that you married in...you are a part of our family and we are so truly blessed to have you!

I love you!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! You are beautiful! Wow...I am very blessed to be your new sister! Thanks for sharing.